Digital Impulse is in search of a Web Designer to work on multi-industry client engagements across the entire agency. Our Designers collaborate with our Design Director, copywriters, designers, developers and digital marketing specialists on a wide variety of digitally-focused projects across the agency roster. We are looking for someone who is self-motivated, is a critical and creative thinker and is passionate about what they do both inside and outside the walls of DI. Most of all, the ideal candidate genuinely has fun using their creativity to solve business problems for our clients and ourselves.
The Web Designer role at Digital Impulse is a hands-on position that includes ideation and marketing strategy in conjunction with digital production. We strive for all our employees to gain unique insight into all facets of the agency to execute nimbly and with precision. This position reports directly to our Design Director.
A portfolio is required in order to apply for this position. Can contain personal and/or professional work and can be to a portfolio site or PDF. Applications sent without a portfolio will not be considered.
• Contribute to and create digital solutions across multiple clients
• Work on wireframes and prototypes that help create informed designs
• Build beautiful, purposeful creative for web experiences, marketing campaign assets, and digital interfaces
• Strategize with marketing and media specialists to construct timely client deliverables
• Can translate client feedback into tangible, executable tasks
• Look for what drives you – be vocal in how you want to grow and propel your creative forward
• Execute deliverables that you’re proud of and help you grow professionally and personally
• 2-5 years’ professional experience preferred (Digital Agency experience is a plus)
• Have an extremely strong working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
• Strong understanding of best practice web design, UI/UX, branding, and graphic design
• Be comfortable with creating wireframes and design mockups from a given design direction
• Have a creative philosophy and passion – love what you do and bring that with you
• A great sense of humor and attitude!
It’s a Plus…
• Development experience (front and/or backend for web or standalone application)
• Knowledge and ability in Illustration and/or motion graphics (After Effects, Premiere Pro, 3D and other animation)
• Have design skills that extend beyond digital into branding, print, typography, etc.
• Previous digital agency experience
• Digital Impulse is a fast-paced, full-service digital agency located in Watertown, MA.
Our talented and growing staff takes pride in providing clients with the right solutions for their web needs. We don’t sell one kind of web experience or one type of digital marketing solution. Instead, we work with our clients as true partners, addressing any web based needs they might have, consulting with them on digital marketing strategies and ultimately executing every aspect of a site or campaign with their end goals in mind. And we have fun doing it.
Job Type: Contract or Full-Time